Historical Information about Oberderdingen

766

 

First mention of Tardingen (Derdingen) in a deed of donation by the Lorsch Monastery as a settlement. Donation by Hunfried to the honourable Martyr Nazarius.

 

 

 

9th century

 

Building of the private church by the Weißenburg citizens in Oberdorf for the Holy Laurentius

 

 

 

10th century

 

The Weißenburg citizens built the Peterskirchlein (now known as Peter & Paul's Church) in Unterderdingen.
First mention of the Selhof (probably today's Amthof in Oberdorf) in the Weißenburg authorities.
The enlargement of the village led to a new settlement, to a daughter village of Unterderdingen

 

 

 

1260

 

In the Herrenalb Charter, the first reports are made of a vineyard in Terdingen.

 

 

 

1267

 

The Herrenalb minster is the sole master of all law, but has had its landholding in Terdingen since 1181.

 

 

 

14th century

 

Herrenalb acquired the possessions of all noble gentlemen in Derdingen 

 

 

 

1480

 

Foundation of the monastic head office by the Herrenalb monastery.
The subjects from 7 villages (Nußbaum, Oberacker, Bahnbrücken, Freudenstein, half of Hohenklingen, Gölshausen in part and Sprantal) had to tithe everything that they grew, even wine. This "tithe" was stored in the tithe barn in today's town hall.

 

 

 

1504

 

During the war of the empire against Palatinate, Duke Ulrich of Württemberg occupied Derdingen, which came under Württemberg supremacy after the peace agreement.

 

 

 

1555

 

Bestowal of market rights. Even today, there is a weekly market on the new Marktplatz [market place].

 

 

 

1618-1648

 

The 30-year war also raged in Derdingen. It is from this time that the practice of Candlemas riding comes, when bachelors from Derdingen had safeguarded the mills from plundering and pillage. Out of gratitude, the millers hereupon donated cakes and since then, they have been collected for Candlemas from the Obere Mühle [Upper Mill]. Today, Candlemas is celebrated as a Derdinger National Holiday with a market and Candlemas dance.

 

 

For more about Candlemas, click here - Link

 

 

 

1699

 

Arrival of 3000 Waldensian refugees from France. Permission to settle between Derdingen and Maulbronn on the desolate farmland.

 

 

 

1722

 

The Herrenalb monastery built a new winepress and decreed winepress and vintage guidelines

 

 

 

1862

 

Year of birth of first freeman August Aschinger, large-scale gastronome in Berlin in the 19th/20th century

 

 

 

1892

 

In September, the old school house on Brettener Straße opened its doors to 250 pupils and three teachers. Two teachers' apartments and four classrooms were available - today, this is the Forum Oberderdingen (culture and conference centre)

 

 

 

1907

 

Opening of the first industrial area "die Mundharmonikafabrik Hohner-Hotz" [the Hohner-Hotz harmonica factory] from Trossingen/Knittlingen

 

 

 

1909

 

Derdingen has 1910 inhabitants, of which 984 are female and 926 are male. 1838 inhabitants of Evangelic-Lutheran denomination, 6 Catholic and 75 other denominations. The total area is 1952 hectares with 279 residential properties

 

 

 

1925

 

Foundation of Blanc&Co (known today as BLANCO) by Heinrich Blanc. Today, BLANCO is the leading producer of products, made predominantly of stainless steel, in the industry of kitchen technology, catering systems and medical systems

 

 

 

1931

 

E.G.O. Elektro-Gerätebau Oberweiler (known today as Elektro-Gerätebau Oberderdingen), which was founded by Karl Fischer in Oberweiler, known today as Badenweiler, moved to Oberderdingen. It develops, produces and markets heating and control elements for the electrical device industry. Today, the company is a group with international recognition

 

 

 

1960

 

The community receives the state prize for its outstanding services to winegrowing

 

 

 

1963

 

The council decides to apply to change the name of the municipality from Derdingen to OBERDERDINGEN at the Home Office in Stuttgart

 

 

 

1973

 

Community reform: Oberderdingen, Flehingen and Großvillars are merged into one community of OBERDERDINGEN